Happy Birthday To Me: 15 Things I Am Grateful For
Happy birthday to me (hooray hooray).
My birthday post will be about the 15+ things I am grateful for.
I am grateful for:
- My faith. Today I look back at everything I have been through and I know that I would not have done it without God’s grace. I look at everything I have and I know I am blessed because none of it is due to my own strength alone.
- My parents. I can truly say I am a product of the village that raised me. I am reminded everyday that they only want the best for me. I am thankful for their vision, wisdom, love and guidance. I am thankful because I know I will always have their love no matter what I do.
- My sisters. My biological sisters and those friends who are now sisters. I am thankful for the fact that I know I have so many cheerleaders, supporters and shoulders. I am surely a very lucky girl.
- My nieces. Every single day these young smart bright ladies remind me of love that comes from a place of pure peace and innocence.
- The sigother. The smiles and the guidance :-* I know that there is someone outside my family who understands and appreciates my crazy.
- My upbringing. When I was young I never understood the rules my parents wanted us to follow. I never got why I could not get new clothes every single month or why they insisted that we get educated. Now I look back and thank them for what I thought was hardship and thank them for building a foundation of hard work, appreciation and resilience in me. Thank you.
- Home. Knowing that I have a place to come back to no matter what the world does to me. I have a place that will welcome me back with open arms all the time.
- My health. My body keeps on surprising me every single day. I am so grateful for great health.
- My Multipotentialite personality. I always thought having multiple interests was a bad thing because I could never finish anything. I have come to treasure my dynamic eventful brain and how it has this wonderful ability to never get bored.
- My education. I am blessed to have gone to good schools and today I have one thing no one can ever take away from me and that is my eduction.
- Failure. Growing up I have always wanted everything to be perfect and so failure was my greatest fear. I have failed several times in this journey of life and I only learned to pick myself up and move on to achieve greater things.
- My anxieties. The first time I had an anxiety attack I had no idea what was happening to me. As I learn more about this I am realizing that this is not how I would like to live my life. My need to be happy everyday has led me to seek help. So I am grateful for those warning signs that told me that something was not fine.
- Support. I am grateful for the support system around me. Some burdens are too heavy for one person to carry and I am thankful for those people whose support in my life has been unwavering.
- My job. I grateful for the chance to positively impact the environment and to influence people so they are more gentler towards the home we have now.
- Travels. I grateful for the opportunities I got to see the world which gave me the opportunities to meet wonderful people. I only hope I will be able to give someone else that opportunity to travel one day.
- The opportunities I have had in the past and the ones that are in my path.
What are you grateful for today?